Customer Information Includes Account Information, Contact Information, Service Informationand any other required Information linked to your IceTV Account such as the type of IceTV Device you use, whether you have multiple IceTV Devices registered to your IceTV Account and your Subscription Purchase History.
- Account Information is obtained when you first setup an IceTV Account, by completing your registration details with us online when you A) Purchase an IceTV Subscription or register for an IceTV Free Trial B) Purchase an IceTV Device or Product from our Online Store or C) Redeem a prepaid Free Gift Subscription you received as part of an IceTV Device purchase you made.Account Information includes Contact Information and any other information we may receive about you in additional communication from you or a Third Party. Account Information does not include any Customer Recording Information, as defined below.
- Contact Information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example: your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address. Contact Information is a subset of Account Information and thus forms part of your Customer Information. Information such as your “postcode” by itself, while part of your address, is not Contact Information because your postcode alone does not allow someone to identify or contact you personally. Likewise, information such as your “gender”, while part of your Customer Information, does not allow someone to identify or contact you personally.
- Service Information means information necessary for IceTV to provide service to your IceTV Device. Examples of Service Information include; the type of IceTV Device you use, the software and software version of that IceTV Device, firmware version number, IceTV features used, and the success status of the last attempted IceTV Service update (i.e. connection between your IceTV Device and the IceTV servers and when your latest IceTV Guide “fetch” occurred). This information is always transmitted to IceTV when your device regularly connects to the IceTV servers.
- Customer Recording Information refers to information about the recording choices that you and other users of your IceTV Device make, if that information is linked to or associated with your Account Information. IceTV collects and aggregates your Customer Recording Information so that it may provide useful features such as IceTV Remote, IceTV Recommendations, My Shows and IceTV’s “Most Popular”. These IceTV Smart Recording features are intended to maximize your viewing experience and we have worked very hard to design our system to ensure that no personally identifiable information may be sent to, or collected by, IceTV without your express consent. You will be prompted and required to personally accept the specific Terms and Conditions needed to provide certain IceTV Smart Recording features and thereby acknowledge collection of Customer Recording Information by doing so.
Use of General Customer Information;
- Account Information. IceTV uses your Account Information to first establish an IceTV Account, provide you with the IceTV service and to provide you with the required software to run IceTV on your compatible IceTV Device. IceTV may also use your Account Information to offer or inform you of new services when they are released and for any other legitimate business purpose.For example, IceTV may use your e-mail address to notify you personally of any recommended software updates, critical version updates for your IceTV Device, and/or if any new features/services have been released and are made available.IceTV may also use your Account Information to notify you about upcoming promotions that might interest you. Customers can opt in or opt out to receive the above mentioned types of notifications when they first register an IceTV Account. These settings can also easily be accessed, viewed and changed via the IceTV website by the Customer at any stage by simply logging in under the “My Account” section of the IceTV website and making any changes necessary.
- Customer Recording Information. IceTV uses your Customer Recording Information to help ensure that your IceTV Device at home schedules and successfully records your TV programs. IceTV will also use your Customer Recording Information to provide you with your own personalised features such as My Shows, My Upcoming Shows, IceTV Recommendations, and to also assist in providing accurate statistics for IceTV’s “Most Popular” TV ratings. IceTV will not use or make public any personally identifiable information stored on your IceTV Device without your consent.The collection and aggregation of your Customer Recording Information and personally identifiable information is necessary to provide certain IceTV Smart Recording services, such as IceTV Remote. In order to take advantage of these additional features, you will need to accept the specific Terms and Conditions necessary to provide that feature when first downloading or installing it. Customers who elect to use these additional IceTV Smart Recording features do so by allowing IceTV to collect their personally identifiable information and use it to provide the chosen services as well as for other legitimate business purposes such as conducting surveys and measuring audience levels.IceTV will not publicly disclose your personally identifiable information to Third Parties (as defined in Section 3.1) without your express consent.
- Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information. We use Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information to provide services (such as IceTV’s “Most Popular” TV ratings and IceTV Recommendations) to customers, to develop reports and analyses about what TV shows, TV series, genres of TV shows our users (as a whole or in subgroups) record. IceTV may also use Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information to promote and advertise other forms of content, to conduct research, and for any other legitimate business purpose.For example, IceTV may use Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information for the purpose of providing IceTV Recommendations. Where IceTV matches Customer (A) who records shows (W, X &Y), with Customer (B) who records shows (W, X, Y & Z) to suggest to Customer (A), that they may also like show (Z). Customer (A) is then given options and free to choose what they would like to do with the IceTV Recommendation (i.e. Set show (Z) to record onto their IceTV Device or simply ignore the IceTV Recommendation). For the purpose of this example, Show (Z) may be another form of content also available to Customer (A), depending on their IceTV Device.
- Customer Billing Information & IceTV Audit Log. IceTV uses Customer Billing Information & IceTV Audit Log as described in Section 1.5. in order to provide the IceTV Service, promote additional special offers on behalf of IceTV or any partnering Third Party and to ensure the highest standards of Customer Support.
- IceTV Customers with more than one IceTV Device. Currently, up to 5 different IceTV Devices are acceptable for each registered IceTV Account. IceTV Customers with more than one IceTV Device registered under their IceTV Account will result in the settings within the Customer Account Information applying to all their IceTV Devices. This means that if a Customers has elected not to be notified by IceTV as described in Section 2.i) we will not be able to provide certain features across all the IceTV Devices. Likewise, if the Customer has elected to be notified or given IceTV permission to collect personally identifiable information by accepting the Terms and Conditions needed for certain IceTV Smart Recording features for one of their IceTV Devices, then IceTV will apply these settings for all the IceTV Devices registered with that Customer’s IceTV Account.
Disclosure of General Customer Information
- In General, IceTV may disclose aggregated Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information and other aggregated forms of Customer Information, along with any reports or analyses derived from such information, to unaffiliated third parties including advertisers, broadcasters, consumer and market research companies and other organizations (“Third Parties”).
- Manufacturing and Service Provider Partners & Contractors. In certain instances we will disclose to our hardware manufacturing partners and service provider partners (for example Beyonwiz, Elgato or Acer) certain Account Information of Customers who have an IceTV Device made by that manufacturing partner or receive a service from that service provider partner. IceTV will also use Contractors to assist in further developing the IceTV Service, whereby the contractors may be given access to our database and Customer Information on an interim basis in order to perform their agreed services to IceTV.IceTV has strict Confidentiality & Privacy policies in place as part of any Agreement with a manufacturer, service provider and/or contractor to protect the privacy and identity of our Customers. Our partners and contractors are legally liable for any misuse, misconduct or action resulting in disclosure of any Customer Information.
- Outside factors beyond IceTV’s control. IceTV is committed to safeguarding your privacy online and protecting your Customer Information is extremely important to us. However, due to outside factors beyond IceTV’s control, we cannot fully ensure that your Customer Information will not be disclosed to Third Parties. For example, we may be legally obligated to disclose Customer Information to local, state or federal government bodies or other Third Parties under certain circumstances (including in response to any legal action), or Third Parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access IceTV’s database and your Customer Information.
Your Choices Regarding Customer Information
Review and Update of Customer Information
How to Delete Customer Information
If you decide to discontinue your IceTV Account by allowing your IceTV Subscription to expire and/or lapse, IceTV will maintain your General Customer Information for as long as necessary for business purposes or until you request us to do otherwise. You may make a request by phone, email or mail for IceTV to delete certain information within your Customer Information at any stage after you discontinue the IceTV Service.
Security of Customer Information
When you contact us by e-mail or phone regarding your IceTV Account, IceTV Device or for information concerning the IceTV Service, we may be required to ask you for certain Account Information in order to verify your identity or before accepting requests to do with your Customer Information. We may choose to take these steps to help ensure that only you or a household member who knows your Account Information will be able to access or change parts of your Customer Information.
IceTV uses necessary methods such as encryption to secure any form of communication between your IceTV Device and the IceTV Servers and to protect your Customer Recording Information. IceTV also uses widely accepted methods to secure information contained in our database and your Customer Information.
IceTV limits the use of Customer Information to members of IceTV Staff who have a legitimate need to access this information in order to perform certain tasks, including customer service, technical assistance, informing you of critical service and/or software updates, notifying you of sales or promotional activities, or aggregating Account Information or Non-identifiable Customer Recording Information for purposes described in Section 2. However, you should know that IceTV cannot fully eliminate potential security risks for reasons described in Section 3(iii).
In General, IceTV will continue to add features and further develop the IceTV Services on an ongoing basis in order to provide you with as much functionality and control over your TV viewing experience as possible.
IceTV understands how important personal privacy is to our customers. We have designed our systems and internal methodology to help protect the privacy of our user’s and established strict policies regarding the handling of personally identifiable information.